Jonas "JB" Bellovin, who designed and manufactured lighting equipment for the Armed Forces during World War II, founded LEGION Lighting Company in 1946. Both the new firm and the industry grew rapidly. By 1957. LEGION had moved to its current site, which has expanded several times, where over 65,000 square feet are devoted to the design and manufacture of Architecturally Engineered Energy Efficient Lighting Equipment. A third generation family business, the company remains committed to the standard of excellence our founder set in 1946.